We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practices to keep patients and staff safe.
Our offices follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. It seems like a lot, but we don’t take risks when it comes to your health.
- Our office will ask some questions when they call to confirm your appointment regarding COVID19 symptoms. When you arrive at our office those same questions will be asked again.
- We have hand sanitizer at the door and your temperature will be taken upon entry.
- Our lobby has been adjusted to accommodate social distancing, or you can wait in your car until your room is sterilized and ready for you.
- To help reduce the spread of the virus all public spaces will be sanitized hourly and we request you fill out patient forms online in the safety of your home.
- We have increased our air purification systems in the offices by adding HEPA filters, hospital grade air disinfecting machines and personal aerosol units to reduce the aerosol spray in treatment areas by 90%.
- All instruments are sterilized in a medical grade sterilization unit after each patient. Every room is sanitized twice with a hospital grade cleaner. All of these actions exceed the standards set by the ADA and not performed at most other dental offices.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office or visit our website at www.keepMIsmile.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.